Four die, four struggling for lives took spurious liquor

Last year when large number of persons were reported killed in Sonipat and adjoining district after consuming spurious Desi liquor, this year too four persons after taking poisonous liquor have died and four others are yet struggling for their lives, police said. Among four persons reported died and three ot after consuming spurious liquor three are from Shamdi village in Sonepat and the fourth victim is from Bursham village in Panipat. The deceased had consumed the liquor together and the condition of four others, all from Shamdi village is stated critical. Three of them are undergoing treatment at Bhagat Phool Singh Medical College for Women in Khanpur Kalan in Sonepat district and one being treated at a private hospital in Rohtak.

According to Inspector Subil Kuar in-charge  Samalkha police station the deceased have been identified as Ajay Kumar, 28, Sunil, 30, and Surender, 42, of Shamdi and Anil, 30, of Bursham. Three of them, except Surender, were working as sweepers at a sugar mill in Panipat. Gohana deputy superintendent of police Mukesh Jakhar said, the post-mortem report will reveal whether the liquor was spurious or not but information reveals that they had not purchased liquor from any liquor shop and an FIR as well as investigation will start after recording the statements of those undergoing treatment. According to police, Ajay and Sunil had consumed liquor with Anil and his brother at Panipat sfter returning to Shamdi village, Ajay and Sunil consumed the same liquor with five other persons, including Surender.

When Ajay returned from cremation of Anil from Panipat, he and others from Shamdi too complained of diarrhea, vomiting. After their health started deteriorating all of them were rushed to Bhagat Phool Singh medical college for women at Khanpur Kalan where three of them died, a police official said the family members of Anil cremated his body after considering that he died of heart attack on Monday but now they suspect that he also died after consuming the liquor. The residents of Shamdi village are in the state of shock due to several deaths and demanded a thorough probe into the incident.