Union minister M J Akbar on Sunday rejected allegations of sexual misconduct against him during his journalistic career and said that he will be taking legal action. He further said the acquisitions against him are “fabricated” and “spiced up”.
The minister said that he will take appropriate legal action against the women journalists who have levelled these allegations against him.
Akbar said, “allegations of sexual misconduct made against me are fabricated and false. These baseless, false and wild allegations have caused irreparable damage to my reputation and goodwill.”
“My lawyers will look into these allegations,” he added.
Multiple women in last few days have accused Akbar of sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour at various stages of his career in media.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has maintained a studied silence on the matter so far but several opposition parties, including the Congress, have been insisting on Akbar’s resignation.