SC agrees to consider listing of pleas seeking review of Rafale verdict

38

The Supreme Court on Thursday agreed to consider listing of pleas seeking review of its verdict in the Rafale deal case.

The supreme court on December 14 last year dismissed a batch of pleas challenging the procurement of 36 Rafale jets from France, saying there was “no occasion to doubt” the decision-making process of the Centre.

A Bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi said four petitions have been filed in the Rafale matter including one by the government for the correction of an error in the verdict.

Besides senior advocate Prashant Bhushan, former Union ministers Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie had earlier moved the top court, seeking review of its December 14 judgment on the Rafale deal. The petitioners alleged that the court relied upon “false or misleading” information by the Centre.

CJI Gogoi said, “Will do something for the listing of the case as a bench is to be constituted for it.” When Prashant Bhushan requested the bench to hear the petition on Rafale Deal.