In a major setback to Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, Jodhpur court has awarded 5 years jail sentence in the 19-year old Black Poaching case. He is accused of hunting two blackbucks in Kankani village near Jodhpur in 1998.
Jodhpur District Presiding Officer Devkumar Khatri has said that Salman Khan is guilty of killing two blackbucks, which are an endangered species and a penalty of Rs 10,000 has also been levied on him.
Salman Khan’s fans seek his urgent release whereas Bishnoi community is celebrating the conviction.
All you need to know:
- Salman Khan taken to Jodhpur Prison.
- Bail application not going to be heard today
- He will share the barrack with rape accused godman Asaram due to security reasons.
- This case is last of the three poaching cases against Khan from 1998 that is being heard at Jodhpur trial court.
- Bishnoi community wants an immediate appeal to be filed against those who have been acquitted.
- Other co-accused Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Neelam and Tabu have been acquitted in the same case.
- Salman Khan earlier pleaded innocence in the same case, claiming before the court that the blackbuck died of natural causes and he was being framed.