As many as eight people were injured in a major fire that broke out at a petrol pump station near Raj Bhavan in Odisha’s Bhubaneswar on Wednesday.
Fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames.
The injured were taken to a hospital for further treatment.
Panic gripped among people as the fire broke out all of a sudden in broad daylight.
As per the chief minister’s office, the fire has now been doused and the situation at the site is under control.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has also announced free medical treatment for the people injured in the fire accident.
“CM @Naveen_Odisha has announced free medical treatment of people injured in the fire accident at Petrol Pump near Raj Bhawan, Bhubaneswar and wished their speedy recovery. The fire has been extinguished and situation is under control now,” CMO Odisha tweeted.