Kolkata: Fire breaks out at Priya Cinema during night show, no casualty

278

A fire broke out at South Kolkata’s Priya Cinema, one of the oldest and popular movie theatres, on Sunday night.

The fire triggered panic outside the upmarket south Kolkata as smoke started billowing out of the building while audience inside the theatre were watching a film.

The audience rushed out after the smoke filled the auditorium.

Five fire tenders were rushed to the spot to rescue the trapped audience and the family that owns the theatre and resides on the top floor of the same five- storey building.

No casualty was reported, the sources suspected that the cause of fire to be a short circuit.