BS Yeddyurappa and Siddaramaiah continue to lead in their seats. For the election results, votes are being counted for 222 out of the 224 assembly seats since morning.
Reportedly BJP party candidates are on the winning track in 105 constituencies while the Congress was in the lead in 70.
- The Janata Dal (Secular) (JD(S), the party formed by former prime minister H D Deve Gowda), maintaining its hold in the old Mysuru region, the Vokkaliga belt, and its candidates were leading in 36 seats.
- Chief Minister Siddaramaiah is leading in Badami.
- BJP chief ministerial candidate Yeddyurappa is leading in Shikaripura by 9,000 votes.
- Congress party’s Ashok Gehlot and Mallikarjun Kharge said they were open to an alliance with the JD(S).
- BJP leader and Union Minister Sadanand Gowda deny formation of any alliance with the JD(S).
- BJP is leading in Lingayat dominated seats, reportedly.
- JDS chief HD Kumaraswamy is in talks with the Congress and the BJP.
In last 5 years, BJP ran an unstable government. BJP’s victory will likely to strengthen its position in 2019 Lok Sabha elections.