Actor-turned-politician and chief of Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) Kamal Haasan on Sunday said that he would not contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
He further said that he will not be contesting either the Lok Sabha polls or the by-polls happening in 18 constituencies of the state.
“I will not contest upcoming Lok Sabha polls nor assembly by-polls to 18 constituencies in Tamil Nadu. I have a lot of work to do. I will work towards the success of my candidates,” said Haasan.
He released the party manifesto as well as the second list of candidates of the MNM at a function. Addressing the crowd, Haasan said, “All candidates are my faces. I am proud being the chariot puller than being the chariot.”
Earlier this week, Kamal Haasan had released its first list of 21 candidates for the Lok Sabha elections.