The Indian Army on Monday confirmed that a “minor face-off” occurred between Indian and Chinese troops at Naku La area in Sikkim on January 20.
The face-off was resolved between the two sides by officers, the Army said.
“It is clarified that there was a minor face-off between Indian and Chinese troops at Naku La area of North Sikkim on 20th January and the same was resolved by local commanders as per established protocols,” it said.
Indian and Chinese soldiers involved in a physical brawl along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) last week near Naku La area in Sikkim as Chinese soldiers tried to intrude inside Indian territory but were challenged by Indian soldiers which resulted in a physical clash, sources said.
The clash resulted in injuries on both sides, sources added.