Providing huge relief to the middle class consumers, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council under the Chairmanship of Finance Minister Piyush Goyal, reduced the rates of more than 80 goods and services on Saturday.
The 28th meeting of the GST council comprising of Centre and States was held on Saturday at Delhi.
Among the various goods where the relief has been provided, the council has exempted sanitary napkins from GST.
The GST on Refrigerators, freezers, Washing machines, Paints has also been reduced from 28% to 18%.
Finance Minister Piyush Goyal in a tweet said, “GST Council today approved reduction in rates of 88 goods and services. Money in the hands of all sections of society – the poor, households, women, farmers and senior citizens. #GoodandSimpleGST.”
The GST Council in its 28th meeting took following decisions on GST Rate on Goods:
- Sanitary Napkins
- Stone/Marble/Wood Deities
- Rakhi [other than that of precious or semi-precious material of chapter 71]
- Coir pith compost
- Sal Leaves siali leaves and their products and Sabai Rope
- PhoolBhariJhadoo [Raw material for Jhadoo]
- Khali dona
GST Reduced from 12% to 5%:
- Chenille fabrics and other fabrics under heading 5801
- Handloom dari
- Phosphoric acid (fertilizer grade only).
- Knitted cap/topi having retail sale value not exceeding Rs 1000
- Handmade carpets and other handmade textile floor coverings (including namda/gabba)
- Handmade lace
- Hand-woven tapestries
- Hand-made braids and ornamental trimming in the piece
GST Reduced from 18% to 12%:
- Bamboo flooring
- Brass Kerosene Pressure Stove.
- Hand Operated Rubber Roller
- Zip and Slide Fasteners
- Handbags including pouches and purses; jewellery box
- Wooden frames for painting, photographs, mirrors etc
- Art ware of cork [including articles of sholapith]
- Stone art ware, stone inlay work
- Ornamental framed mirrors
- Glass statues [other than those of crystal]
- Glass art ware [ incl. pots, jars, votive, cask, cake cover, tulip bottle, vase ]
- Art ware of iron
- Art ware of brass, copper/ copper alloys, electro plated with nickel/silver
- Aluminium art ware
- Handcrafted lamps (including panchloga lamp)
- Worked vegetable or mineral carving, articles thereof, articles of wax, of stearin, of natural gums or natural resins or of modelling pastes etc, (including articles of lac, shellac)
- Ganjifa card
GST Reduced from 18% to 5%:
- Ethanol for sale to Oil Marketing Companies for blending with fuel
- Solid bio fuel pellets
GST Reduced from 28% to 18%
- Paints and varnishes (including enamels and lacquers)
- Glaziers’ putty, grafting putty, resin cements
- Refrigerators, freezers and other refrigerating or freezing equipment including water cooler, milk coolers, refrigerating equipment for leather industry, ice cream freezer etc.
- Washing machines.
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Vacuum cleaners
- Domestic electrical appliances such as food grinders and mixers & food or vegetable juice extractor, shaver, hair clippers etc
- Storage water heaters and immersion heaters, hair dryers, hand dryers, electric smoothing irons etc
- Televisions upto the size of 68 cm
- Special purpose motor vehicles. e.g., crane lorries, fire fighting vehicle, concrete mixer lorries, spraying lorries
- Works trucks [self-propelled, not fitted with lifting or handling equipment] of the type used in factories, warehouses, dock areas or airports for short transport of goods.
- Trailers and semi-trailers.
- Miscellaneous articles such as scent sprays and similar toilet sprays, powder-puffs and pads for the application of cosmetics or toilet preparations.
GST Reduced from 28% to 12%
- Fuel Cell Vehicle. Further, Compensation cess shall also be exempted on fuel cell vehicle.
In case of footwear, 5% GST is being extended to footwear having a retail sale price up to Rs. 1000 per pair, while footwear having a retail sale price exceeding Rs. 1000 per pair will continue to attract 18%.