A massive fire broke out in Delhi’s Paschim Puri area on early Wednesday.
At least 200 shanties were believed to be gutted in this fire.
Over 25 fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot to douse the flames. The fire is under control now. The cooling operations are underway.
According to the reports, the fire department was alerted at around 1:15 am.
The reason behind the fire is believed to be a short circuit. Hundreds of people living in these shanties were affected by this fire.
A woman was injured in the blaze and shifted to the hospital for further treatment.
No casualties have been reported so far.
More details are awaited.