The death toll in the multi-storey building collapsed in Dharwad, Karnataka has risen to three as one more succumbed to injuries, police said on Wednesday.
According to the reports, over 40 people have been rescued so far.
Around 10 others were still suspected to be trapped under the debris. The rescue operations are underway to safeguard the people trapped.
Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said on Tuesday that rescue efforts were being conducted on a war footing and urged locals not to panic.
“The rescue work is on a war footing About 25 people have been rescued and three persons are seriously injured. The injured are being treated. I request the local public not to panic and all those feared trapped in the building will be rescued ASAP,” Kumaraswamy tweeted.
Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara said in a tweet, “Rescue operations continued overnight in Dharwad. An NDRF team is also participating in the operation. 56 people have been rescued so far and three people are seriously injured. My condolences to the families of the victims. My prayers go out to those who are injured.”