Death Toll in Jammu grenade attack rises to 2

61

The death toll in the Jammu bus stand grenade attack increased to two on Friday, police said.

Muhammad Riyaz who was injured in Thursday’s Jammu grenade attack succumbed to his wounds in a hospital on early Friday.

17-year-old Mohammad Sharik, a resident of Haridwar in Uttarakhand, who police said succumbed to splinter injuries, was reported soon after the blast.

Yasir Bhatt, a resident of Kulgam in Kashmir was tasked by the Hizbul Mujahideen to throw the grenade at a bus stand in Jammu.

He had confessed of carrying out the attack and was arrested by police on Thursday.

At least 30 people were injured in the explosion — the third at the bus stand since May last year. 

The police were immediately rushed to the blast site with sniffer dogs and forensic experts and launched a search operation.