The number of coronavirus cases in India has jumped to 724 on Friday, according to health ministry website.
The death toll due to COVID-19 has risen to 17.
The number of active coronavirus cases in the country – 640, while 66 people were either cured/discharged and one had migrated, the ministry said.
Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced a Rs1.7 lakh crore package for the people who need immediate help in the wake of Covid-19 outbreak.
- Insurance cover of Rs 50 Lakh per health worker fighting COVID-19 to be provided under Insurance Scheme
- 80 crore poor people will to get 5 kg wheat or rice and 1 kg of preferred pulses for free every month for the next three months
- 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders to get Rs 500 per month for next three months
- Increase in MNREGA wage to Rs 202 a day from Rs 182 to benefit 13.62 crore families
- An ex-gratia of Rs 1,000 to 3 crore poor senior citizen, poor widows and poor disabled
- Government to front-load Rs 2,000 paid to farmers in first week of April under existing PM Kisan Yojana to benefit 8.7 crore farmers
- Central Government has given orders to State Governments to use Building and Construction Workers Welfare Fund to provide relief to Construction Workers