Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday said that there was no plan for another lockdown in national capital.
“Many people are speculating whether another lockdown in Delhi in being planned. There are no such plans,” Kejriwal tweeted.
Kejriwal yesterday met Union Home Minister Amit Shah and called the meeting as “extremely productive”.
“Extremely productive meeting betn Del govt and Central govt. Many key decisions taken. We will fight against corona together,” Kejriwal had said.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday said the Modi Government is committed to check the COVID-19 spread in Delhi and keep the national capital safe. In a meeting with the Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal besides senior officers, several important decisions were taken to ensure safety of the citizens of Delhi against infection.
Amit Shah said, in view of the scarcity of beds for Corona patients in Delhi hospitals, the Central Government has decided to immediately provide 500 converted rail coaches to the Delhi Government. With this, 8,000 more beds will be available in Delhi and these will be equipped with all facilities in the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
The Home Minister said COVID-19 testing will be doubled within the next two days and trebled after six days in order to check the Corona virus spread in Delhi. Besides, in the Containment Zones, testing facility will be made available in each Polling Station.
Delhi has so far reported 41,182 COVID-19 cases with 1,327 fatalities, according to Health Ministry data.