Saloni Jain is a television actress and Indian model. She is known for her role as Sarika in serial ‘Bin Kuch Kahe’ that airs on Zee TV and comic cameo as Albeli in Hum Paanch Phir Se on Big Magic. Also in 2019, she was seen in &TV shows Main Bhi Ardhangini and Laal Ishq (2018 TV series). She will be seen in ALT Balaji web series Baarish (Season 2) starring Sharman Joshi and Asha Negi in 2020.
Saloni is currently playing the role of Jaanvi in Starplus new show ‘Yeh Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar’. Tehelka’s exclusive conversation with Saloni Jain:-
1. What prompted you to be a part of YJJSN?
The story. When I was Initially learning about the story and the characters, I found that beautiful and it was so real, on a genuine topic .
2. Tell us something about your character in the show ‘Yeh Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar’?
I’m playing Janvi, she is the middle sister. She got married because her parents thought if its getting difficult for diya then lets get Janvi married. She loves both her sisters, she cares for them and family. And if the smallest thing Happens in the family, she comes right there.
3. How does it feel to be associated with Starplus and Katha Kottage Production?
It is a huge opportunity for sure. The team is great . It feels so good to work with them. They all are enthusiastic and target driven.
4. Tell us about the bond you share with your co-stars?
They are all very lovely people and very supporting and enthusiastic. We are all like good friends who support each other and learn from each other .
5. What made you take up acting as a profession?
I was very fond of Indian Cinema Since childhood. I would get ready and stand in front of the TV and try to perform the same act. Its feel so overwhelming to know that you get to play so many characters and learn so many stories.
6. What makes your day as an actor?
When you get genuine appreciation for your work and you know all that sacrifice and hard work or the practice you did before that.
7. How do you keep yourself positive and motivated during this trying phase?
All you have to do is believe in yourself, in God. I cannot miss an opportunity just because am tired of rejection or I want rest from auditions .
8. What roles would you like to play in the days to come?
I have always done positive roles. I want to try negative too with some mystery and deep dark stories.