US President Donald Trump tweeted “All is well!” in respond to Iran attacks on US and coalition forces stationed at bases in Iraq.
“All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning,” President Trump tweeted.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she was closely monitoring the situation.
“We must ensure the safety of our servicemembers, including ending needless provocations from the Administration and demanding that Iran cease its violence. America & world cannot afford war,” she said.
Iran on Tuesday launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against US military and coalition forces in Iraq. There were no immediate reports on casualties.
Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif in a tweet said, “Iran took & concluded proportionate measures in self-defense under Article 51 of UN Charter targeting base from which cowardly armed attack against our citizens & senior officials were launched. We do not seek escalation or war, but will defend ourselves against any aggression.”